Thursday, October 15, 2009

JIP's Picks: Gilt Groupe

Alright...I consider myself a fashionable, yet frugal guy so I'm going to try to add some of the places that I am able to come across some good deals online.

My first pick is a little site called Gilt Groupe. I ran across this at one of the blogs that I enjoy going to, Tweed and Velvet (check them out while you're at it).

Anyway, this site has high end clothing for men, women, and children at a highly discounted price; here's a brief description:

For those that don't know, the Gilt Groupe is one of the first companies in the US to offers high end designer fashion, using the "sample sale" idea, to the masses via the Internet. Essentially, the sales start at 12:00 noon everyday and once the flood gates are open the feeding frenzy begins with designer wears being sold at up to 70% off or more.

All you have to do is sign up via email and you're good to go. I've personally ordered a couple of things from them and have been completely satisfied. As it says above though, sales start at noon eastern time, and the best stuff goes fast, so you have to be ready. Also, you have to realize that if something is $600 retail, it might be on Gilt for $200. While that's a good discount, it can still be kind of pricey, so the "Frugal JIP" in me has to hold back sometimes.

So go forth...get your Cool Boy on...

Cheers to good deals,

JIP

No comments:

Post a Comment