Sunday, February 14, 2010

Conversations with JIP: Presentation of Love

Happy Valentine's Day!

All of this (generic) love in the air...you gotta love it. While all of we guys reflect on how much of our hard earned money that we spent, I would like to pose a question : is love always presented to us neatly wrapped in a bow making its true form to us obvious? Not hardly.

When I think personally of the way that I have come to love the people that I do, outside of my family, they all differ greatly. Half of those people I never thought that I would even like, let alone consider them loved ones.

I think that oftentimes we expect God to show us love in the most obvious of ways, but it doesn't always work out that way, especially in terms of relationships.

It goes back to the old saying of don't judge a book by its cover; we never know what role individuals will end up playing in our lives.

All I'm saying is let's not be so quick to write off the people (positive ones, of course) that come into our lives.

To end with a cliche: it's not the wrapping of the package that counts; it's what's contained within.

Cheers to love on this love day,

JIP

No comments:

Post a Comment